Monday, June 21, 2010

I am in 4th grade writting a paper on '; how I can apply math to my everydat life?

any advice is very nice , thank you so much!!!!I am in 4th grade writting a paper on '; how I can apply math to my everydat life?
Well you use math all the time.


Even when you dont know it.


Figuring out how much something costs is math.


Counting your money.


Reading a clock.


cooking.


Distance.


Sharing.


Doing your math homework.


Counting how much longer you have to study.


Figuring out the amout of beats in a song.


counting.


figuring out how much you have left Ex: 1/3 1/2 etc.


My advice is just think back to your day to any time you use numbers in anyway and that is probably math. If you get stuck send me a message im always here to help. Good Luck!! :DI am in 4th grade writting a paper on '; how I can apply math to my everydat life?
You use math everywere. Like when you go shopping you see how much ur spending.
when you eat and pay for your lunch you use math. everything you do has a little bit of math involved. for example when you take a shower and your almost out of soap you'd tell your mom that you only have 1/2 a bottle of shampoo left and you need more soon.
my advice to you is to write we use math every second of every day even though u might not know it... if you can use math into you're every day life you will become a smarter person
Cooking- you have to use correct measurements of ingredients.





Checkbook- keeping it balanced requires using math





Building things like birdhouses, etc- you have to measure the boards using rulers and this requires using math





Shopping- some people can only spend a certain amount of money on groceries so they make a list and don't go over that amount. THey use a calculator to make sure they dont' go over the amount they can spend
We use math when we measure a space, furniture, material, etc.


When we count money , figure tax, figure savings and make a budget we use math.


We add and subtract money from our checking account.


When we plan a party we think about how many people will come, how much food we need and then how much it will cost.


Like if we are having 15 people over for dinner, we want to have 2 rolls per person , so we buy 30 or more rolls.


I hope this gives you a few ideas.
Here's a few ways that I can think of...


Geometry--shapes are everywhere! If you are building something (even with Legos) you need to know what types of shapes you may need


How about shopping? If something is on sale for 20% off, you need to be able to figure out its price and see if you can afford it. Also, you can then figure out if you get the correct change back from the cashier.


Sharing--when I teach my students about division, I always ask: if it were cookies, would you have enough to share evenly with everyone? You can find out if you have enough to go around by dividing.


Distance: You can figure out how far away something really is by converting the map scale into miles/kilometers.





Those are just a few ideas. I hope it helps you get some more for your paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment