Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Is this a common misconception among generations on how to apply for an office job?

When I'm out of work, I find my parents or people of their generation usually tell me to just ';go in and apply for an office job'; instead of submitting my resume online. They tell me that's how they used to do it but I end up explaining to them that nowadays everyone applys for job's on the computer.. am I right for the most part?Is this a common misconception among generations on how to apply for an office job?
If you are applying for the office job elders opinion may be true. But if you are applying for corporates online is preferable so that you can keep the track of conversations. Please discuss about the latest trend with your parents and respect their views also.





Once again I may stress for office jobs they may be true.





Arvind


HR - RecruitmentsIs this a common misconception among generations on how to apply for an office job?
Not really. I get lots of resumes when I post a help wanted ad and it always impresses me more when a person calls, makes an appointment, and shows up with their resume in hand. It gives them a foot up, believe me. I feel like that person is more interested in the job than the person who just sends the resume. I want people working for me who are agressive, even in the job hunt. Your parents are right.
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    pigment