Monday, November 30, 2009

How do I apply a GPO to force laptops to run SAV update and scan automatically upon connection to my netwk?

I'm an MCSE working for a state medical agency. I have laptops that connect to my netwk (which consists of NDS and Win2k AD) periodically. I added the laptops to an OU called laptops. I created a GPO named virusUpdateScan and linked it to the OU. I gave read and apply group policy to users and laptops (to be sure it was applied). I created a script to run the SAV update exe file which is located on the laptops C: drive. I added the logon script (as a .bat file) to the GPO. When the user logs on the ntwk with a laptop the SAV update menu comes up, but unless the user pushes the ';live update'; button it won't update. I need it to auto-update.


Since some infinite genius decided to make us communicate with servers via WAN connection(yes our servers are offsite); making the server push out the update upon login will be a pain--(I may have to though). SAV version is 9. The laptops are managed by 1 of the DC's. The scan is working; I need the virus def's to update automatically.How do I apply a GPO to force laptops to run SAV update and scan automatically upon connection to my netwk?
try this idea mayb it will work edit the logon script u already have and add the update parameter to it e.g sav.exe /liveupdate so that it goes directly to the update
  • computer security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    pigment