Monday, November 30, 2009

How to apply for f2 dependent?what are the requirements?

I am in USA having F1 visa.I want my husband to join me as F2 dependant..what is the procedure for that? what are the requirement documents for that?I was FINANCIALLY sponsered by my own family not by my family in law.Can my own family sponser my husband??? or only my family in law can sponser my husband financially??how much minimum dollar must we show for procedure of f2 dependant?? pls reply someone..How to apply for f2 dependent?what are the requirements?
He has to be here first and have some sort of status before he can apply to change status. But, as I said before, you will need to talk with your school first. On that, we both agree.How to apply for f2 dependent?what are the requirements?
you need to file Form I-539 (Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status) to USCIS. supporting documents include his original I-94 arrival/departure card, copy of his passport pages showing biographical data and visa, copy of all other his immigration documents issued by USCIS and US embassy, marriage certificate to proof relationship, your I-20,cover letter addressed the reason for change of status and his non-immigrant history in US, and how he will be supported financially as F2 dependent, form I-134 Affidavit of Support -the sponsors should complete and sign this form, bank statement of sponsors.


you, your family, your in-laws or your husband himself (self support) can be the sponsor of his F2 status.


all supporting document in foreign language must be translated to English.


good luck.


Edit: please contact the international office of your school before you start this procedure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
pigment